With the hot and sweltering Charlotte NC summer season approaching fast, keeping your house cool enough without letting your energy bills go over the top can be quite a challenge. However, there are a few very simple and easy-to-follow tips that can keep the temperature of your house low during the season without causing a huge dent in your budget.
As Charlotte NC’s top cooling and heating company, we are specialists in our field of work. We have over 15 years licensed experience in the Charlotte NC area. We can help your business or home by not just solving your HVAC problem, but also by anticipating future needs.
Here are 10 top tips on how to keep your Charlotte NC home cool this summer:
- Make sure you keep your house closed during the daytime so that the warm air stays out. For ventilation purposes, you can open the windows and doors at night when it’s cooler outside.
- Keep all your windows, especially those which face direct sunlight, covered with blinds, shades or drapes during the day. This prevents direct sunlight from entering the house and making it hot during day.
- Use ceiling fans more to keep cool. This will help you cut down your power bill since you won’t need to switch on the air conditioner unless absolutely necessary.
- Use air conditioners that are capable of getting rid of excessive humidity during summer. However, don’t use a dehumidifier while your air-conditioner is on.
- Use awnings on your windows and patios to keep them protected from the sunlight. This will provide ample shade to the indoors while making sure that unnecessary sunlight does not enter your house.
- In order to keep the environment around your house cooler, you should plant trees outside. However, don’t plant them too closely since they can block the airflow completely.
- During summer, you should save heat-generating activities in the house, such as cooking and dishwashing, for evenings when the temperature is cooler.
- Another way to keep your house cooler is to paint your roof in heat-reflective colors, such as white.
- Don’t use too many electronics and lighting in your house during the summer since they emit heat and make the house warmer.
- Make sure your attic is well insulated if you want to keep the heat out of your house, Using an attic fan is also quite advisable.
Follow these top 10 tips to keep your home cool this summer without increasing the cost of your cooling bill! Want more tips? Subscribe to our blog or newsletter today!
Carolina Heating & Air Conditioning has been serving the Charlotte NC area for over 15 years. Noted as being Charlotte NC’s top HVAC contractor for home and business needs, they are a family owned and operated business. Contact them today by calling 704-661-5316 or click here for a Free Consultation.